Monday 7 March 2022

The thoughts that come to mind.

 

I often sit down and just think. Better than thinking standing up. My thoughts fall down to my feet when I'm standing up.

I think about the good old days. They were neither good nor old. I was young at the time. I remember being raised in poverty. It was a town next to misery and despair.

Our house was always cold and damp. We had a permanent rainbow in the kitchen. The house was so small that even the mice were hunch-backed. There was no room to swing a cat. We had to do it outdoors. Despite our poverty we believed in nature and saving the environment. We used natural things where we could. For example, we tied a dead hedgehog to a stick and used it as a toilet brush.

My teacher at school told me once, "Some day you'll go far ... and I hope you stay there!" I was bad at Math. If I had 50 cents for every failed Math exam I would now have $4.27.

As a young man I was always ambitious. I once entered the world kleptomaniac championships. I took gold, silver and bronze.

I wanted to make it good in life. Never succeeded. I wanted to have a girl-friend and get married. I did not realise that marriage is a very expensive way to get your laundry done free.

My girl-friend at the time told me I should be more affectionate. So I got myself two girl-friends. Neither of them liked that!

Honestly ... women ... I'll never understand them. My girl-friend liked chocolates, like many women do. She also liked shoes. Always buying shoes. She dropped many hints for her birthday. So I bought her a pair of shoes made of chocolate.

Eventually I married Miss Right. I did not know at the time her first name was Always.

My wife dresses to kill. She cooks the same way. I was so hungry I ate a clock yesterday. It was time consuming. 

She has just called me pretentious about this last joke. I was so surprised that my monocle fell off. 

I hate it when people act so intellectual and talk knowledgeably about Mozart when they haven't seen even one of his paintings. 

For our honeymoon we went to Paris. I tried to climb a really tall tower; but Eiffel off! 

Good joke hein? Don't you hate it when people always answer their own questions? I do!

My wife and I laughed at this last joke. We often laugh at how competitive we both are. But I laughed more!

37 comments:

  1. Victor..Just like reading one of my
    own scripts..Brilliant! :).

    But! I disagree with 'I think about the good
    old days. They were neither good nor old'
    I was raised just like you then..Poor! :(
    We even put mustard on my Dads tongue, and
    sat round with our hands to keep warm..!
    But! Never~the~less they were good..good or
    bad, they were still old..! :).

    HeHe! And honeymoon..I went to Sicily...
    Can't remember where the wife went..
    The priest said to me.."Will you take
    this woman to be your lawful wedded wife"?
    I said "Would you"? He said "No way" I said
    "Then stop asking stupid questions..".

    HeHe! And do you believe in sex before
    marriage? No! As long as it does'nt hold up
    the ceremony..! Boom!Boom!
    Let's go see what Tom's up to...! :O).
    🐭 🐁 🐭 🐁 🐭 🐁 🐭 🐁 🐭 🐁 🐭 🐁 🐭

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...what a sad life, Victor. I hope that things improve for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst bit was when my wife called me pretentious. I was smoking my pipe at the time and my beard nearly caught fire.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  3. Your life is certainly a bundle of laughs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a minute goes by without me thinking of laughing.

      God bless, Kathy.

      Delete
  4. LOL, only you could come up with the kleptomaniac championships. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was certainly a winner on that championship day.

      God bless you, Bill.

      Delete
  5. Sherry said, "He may get in the last words, BUT, BUT he's better stand by!"
    She is Always Right, just sayin' (watchit)
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you and Sherry enjoyed my offering of humour, Jack.

      God bless you both.

      Delete
  6. In some countries in the the Middle East, such as Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, etc. are they as right as we see in Western countries? ... Nice post, Victor! You made me laugh :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Victor,
    Once in a while we all need such a generous dose of humor vitamins!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do. I know I do. I hope you liked my humour, Mariette.

      God bless you.

      Delete
    2. When I did label your humor 'vitamins'... that speaks for itself Victor!😜

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much, Mariette.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  8. Good ones ... especially the monocle! You know, I'll never clean my toilet bowl again without thinking of that poor hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hedgehog was dead, Mevely. My monocle fell on him and killed him.

      God bless. Keep smiling.

      Delete
  9. Always good to read your high brow writing. Thanks for giving me some giggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased to see you visiting again, Susan. Thank you. Giggles are good for us.

      God bless.

      Delete
  10. You've outdone yourself this time, Victor! I especially like that Miss Right's first name is Always. I think you understand women far better than you give yourself credit for. :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have learnt not to get into an argument with a woman. In all our marriage I have never argued with my wife. I am waiting for her to stop and catch her breath!

      God bless, Martha.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed my jokes, Happyone. Thanx.

      God bless.

      Delete
  12. I recognise a few of these, I must have seen them before, but they are still funny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am always grateful for a good laugh. My favorite was the free laundry joke. Thanks for the uplifting way you made me smile. Blessings, Victor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to see you smile Nells. We all need some humour in our lives.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  14. Heeheehee! Marriage is also an expensive way to get your meals cooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marriage is good ... as long as she does not vacuum clean when the football is on TV.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete
  15. I'm always looking for a reason to sit down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to sit down. And contemplate. With a plate full of pizza.

      God bless, Linda.

      Delete
  16. I love marriage! I loved your snail story. I sit down way too much. It is always good to see you here. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love seeing you visit us. Please visit again tomorrow, Tata. You'll enjoy the story, I hope.

      God bless.

      Delete
  17. Many thanks for the laughs :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to laugh. Glad you enjoyed this post, Jan.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.