Saturday 12 March 2022

Observations you may have missed

 


I seem to be always thinking of something else as things are happening around me. I could be watching TV whilst it's switched off, cooking the dog, or taking the dinner out for a walk and my mind is thinking of something else altogether completely different. 

For example, whilst writing this post I am thinking about that old saying, "which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

So I ordered both from the internet and will let you know when they arrive.

Did you notice that in films, and on TV programs, whenever a woman starts sniffling and crying the man always pulls out a clean handkerchief from his pocket and hands it to her. She never returns it back after blowing her nose in it.

How come the handkerchief is always new, clean and neatly folded having been ironed beforehand? It is never a handkerchief which the man has previously used to wipe his hands after changing the tire on his car.

And why is it always the man that hands over his handkerchief? Why can't the woman have her own handkerchief in readiness for a quick cry? In the last month I have handed out at least a dozen handkerchiefs to crying women. They have a look at me and start bawling their eyes out. I have that effect on women. Maybe they lament not having met me earlier in their lives. 

Another observation from the movies is that people never sneeze, or cough or need to go to the bathroom. Especially when there's a fight going on.

In a car chase the car is always ready and the key is always in the ignition. The car starts first time and flies at great speed. Not like my car which takes a week to reach 30 miles an hour!

In Olden Days we had so many talented people in the movies and on TV. In those times to be a celebrity you had to have some talent of some kind; acting, singing, be a good entertainer, or good at sports and so on. Then the politically correct people came in and said this was discriminatory. Everyone should be a celebrity. And now we have plenty of mindless idiots on TV believing they are celebrities. They are happy, and their mindless fans and followers are happy, and I guess they create employment with all the money they earn so all is well. I think we need more talentless idiots as celebrities.

Another observation worth sharing which you might find useful. You must have heard of the glass and cardboard way of getting rid of spiders. You place a glass on the spider, then slide a piece of card under the glass and then lift both and release the spider outdoors. 

Well, it does not work with gorillas. I was at the zoo the other day and a gorilla escaped from its cage. I was in the zoo restaurant eating. I finished my beer and got out with my glass still in hand. The zoo keepers told me to get out of the way as they shot the gorilla with tranquilliser darts. 

What irritates you at home? Personally, I don't like it when someone takes some butter with a knife from the butter dish, spread it on toast, and then returns to the butter for some more leaving crumbs all over the butter. So in our house we have a system. We take some butter with the butter knife. Put it on a side plate. Return the knife to the butter dish. Then with a new knife spread the butter from our side plate onto our toast. No crumbs on the butter ever.

Also, another irritation is when a piece of toast falls on the ground it always falls with the butter side down. To remedy this, I always eat my toast off the cat's back. So if it falls the cat will land on its feet and the toast will still be butter side up.

I don't know about you, but I learn a lot from Google. It's such a wonderful invention. I have printed out the whole of Google and I now read a few pages in bed before going to sleep. It's a great book. I wonder whether they'll ever make it into a film!

28 comments:

  1. Your observations are right. Actually, a piece of toast always falls on the ground with the butter side down: I think that's Murphy's law, as anything that can go wrong will go wrong (a combination of bad luck and pessimism).
    I also enjoyed your first observation about the handkerchief which is always new :-) I noticed that in many movies the nuances of the light are always the same.
    Nice post!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giorgio. At one point I thought that handkerchief manufacturers were sponsoring all these films with crying women. But then, in real life, women cry when they meet me!!!

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
    The chicken, no, the egg, no, the chicken,
    no, the egg...
    It's enough to make your head spin right
    off your neck...
    So in a nutshell (or an eggshell, if you like),
    two birds that weren't really chickens created
    a chicken egg, and hence, we have an answer...
    The egg came first, and then it hatched a chicken...!

    We ~have~had~ a TV series over here called 'Last of the
    Summer Wine' ran for some 40yrs, with 31 series..It is,
    and still is the longest TV comedy series in the world..
    l'm still watching two repeats on the Drama channel..
    Mon~Frid at 6.40pm...It's brilliant..
    Well..Compo one of the characters, a very dirty/scruffy
    person, hands his handkerchief to ladies..and it is
    rather dirty to say the least..unclean and unkempt...! :(.

    AND..The toast will always fall butter down, only if
    you butter it..before it hits the ground, wait till it
    hits the ground, then butter the side that's facing up!
    🍾 🍾 🍾 🍾 🍾 🍾 🍾 🍾 🍾 🍾 🍾 🍾🍾 🍾 🍾 🍾
    PS..
    DO NOT! DO NOT! Catch house spiders and release them
    outside..They will 'NOT' survive..They will die...! :(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know about the spiders. Why would they die outside? I heard they are called house spiders. But then, where did they live before we built houses?

      God bless, Willie.

      Delete
    2. HeHe! Why? Do l bother?..Because it's
      such good fun Willie! Yes! That's true..! :O).
      HeHe!
      Now! Listen very carefully..l shall only say
      this once..! (Allo! Allo!)..
      The garden and the house spider are of course
      spiders..Arachnids are an arthropod group that
      includes spiders, daddy longlegs, scorpions,
      mites, and ticks as well as lesser-known subgroups..!

      The garden spider has adapted to living outside,
      and can tolerate the weather, the house spider
      is adapted at living indoors..different species
      of animals of the same family live in there own
      adapted environment...!

      And there was 'NEVER' a time we never had houses!
      Caves were the first form of house..the rest is
      history..!

      Victor! Don't worry about the spiders..You worry
      more about which side of the toast yer gonna
      spread at breakfast..
      Bless you! Yer a diamond! :). Yeah! And a great
      stick..? oooops! Sorry! Post! :O).

      Delete
    3. I understand, I am not sure I agree. Spiders indoors make a lot of webs in high up places on the ceiling which I have to vacuum clean by standing on a ladder. The other day one of them took the vacuum cleaner off me and hit me. I do not want spiders indoors. They can move to other peoples' homes.

      God bless.

      Delete
    4. HeHe! Victor..Leave the spiders alone..
      They keep the flies down..and other insects!

      I had a spider..Charlotte..lived in a pink..
      what other colour..bird box, on the dinning
      room window sill for five years..Yes! five
      years..she went over the bridge..died..a year
      ago..AND..I miss her..! :(.

      Can l go watch the footy now! See ya in the morning..AND..be careful with the toast! :).

      Delete
  3. ...I must not be all that observant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you noticed that some people are less observant than others? They are the thinkers in society.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  4. I did miss those observations, thanks so much for sharing them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the fruits of many years of observation, Bill. The more I observe the more often I fall down the stairs instead of watching where I'm going.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. Ah ha, you said:........ cooking the dog, or taking the dinner out for a walk and my mind is thinking of something else .............
    Amazing how well you know me in such a short time. However that is pretty smart about the cat and landing on it's feet. Now the landing on its feet is TRUE... The rest????
    You need help, do they not practice 'sigh-kiatry.' in the UK anymore? Talk to your wife about it.... ;-)
    Thinking of you since we are in the rain and mist over here......

    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend of mine is a sigh-kiatrist. He is paranoid that he is being followed all the time. He went to see another sigh-kiatrist and asked if he could borrow a book by Sigmund Freud. His friend said, "It's behind you!" And the man nearly had a breakdown.

      Nor he is seeing several sigh-kiatirsts to cure his compulsion of seeing sigh-kiatrists.

      Keep safe. Hope it is not raining too heavily where you are.

      God bless, Jack and Sherry.

      Delete
  6. Of all the observations, I believe the cat and butter to be the most helpful. Thank you for this solution to not having your toast fall on the butter side. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has worked a treat for me to use the cat as a little table on which to spread butter on toast. The few cat's hairs can easily be picked out before eating.

      God bless, Nells.

      Delete
  7. Good points, all! How could I have been so blind, so long? I love coming here to enhance what little brain power I have remaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my pleasure to research all these helpful facts and share them with my readers. More people should try using their cat's back on which to spread butter on toast.

      God bless you, Mevely.

      Delete
  8. Yes, what is it about those clean handkerchiefs, always ready at the ready? Your mind has been working overtime, Victor, that's for sure. Don't think I'd find reading Google very entertaining, however. Probably features too many of those losers who think they are celebrities. LOL!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole of Google which I have printed is so big there's no room for me in bed to read it. We now need a bigger house.

      I'm pleased I made you smile, Martha. God bless.

      Delete
  9. Dearest Victor,
    Well, you ought to know by now that it is always Murphy's Law that things fall with the sticky side down (butter or marmelade)...😉
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is so annoying when this happens and I have to pick up the butter from the floor with a knife and put it back on the toast.

      God bless, Mariette.

      Delete
  10. Funny reading your observations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is odd how people in movies almost never have to use the restroom.

    A true story that i read in Reader's Digest, a little 5-year-old boy who wanted to be a hockey player when he grew up started refusing to go to the restroom and messing on himself. His parents were quite upset but he said, "I want to be a hockey player, and I never see the hockey players go to the bathroom, and I want to be like them!"

    The father had to take the boy to a hockey game and let one of the players tell the child that yes, hockey players do use the facilities, especially before a game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I find intriguing in films. You could have a scene in a restaurant or a bar with people drinking. Suddenly there's a fight or a car chase, and no one goes to the toilet first before starting the action.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete
  12. I don't believe you printed out the whole of google, you would need a whole other house to store the pages, many of which would be obsolete already by now. I do believe you about the talentless idiots, I am one myself, but I'm not a celebrity, so that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is true, River. It has cost me millions of pages of paper and printer ink. Three printers have broken down already. And I have yet to complete printing. I print all subjects alphabetically. I am still at the letter A.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.