Thursday 31 March 2022

What does your Blog say about you?

 

Someone asked me the other day, "Is yours a Christian Blog or is it meant to be a funny humourus one?"

This set me thinking. I visit a number of Blogs in my travels, and some of them are Christian in nature. You can tell by what their writers write, even if their posts describe everyday events like travelling, shopping, raising a family or whatever. You can detect a Christian message in what they say. Such Blogs are like beacons of light in a dark and secular world that is often portrayed in the Internet and social media.

You know, you don't have to be a theologian, or a pastor, vicar, priest or such like to proclaim the Word of God as you write, or as you live your life. God often uses ordinary people like you and me to help do His work on earth. He doesn't always seek out experts.

Moses was a baby who had been abandoned by his mother to save his life. He was raised in the Pharaoh's family and then had to run away as a fugitive. God asked him to go back to Egypt to set the Jews free. He felt inadequate and said he could not speak eloquently. But God used him all the same.

King David, the one who fought Goliath when he was a boy, was a simple shepherd.

Peter and his brother and other disciples were fishermen. Matthew was a tax collector. 

Paul was a tent maker from Tarsus.

None were highly educated or went to Harvard University, or Oxford or Cambridge.

But God used them. He gave them the courage to speak out, and the knowledge on what to say and how and when to say it. Through these simple people, and others, God's message spread throughout the world and lives on to this day.

Mother Teresa left home at age 18 to become a nun.The rest is history. 

Thérèse of Lisieux at the early age of 15 became a nun and became highly influential in the Church.

I am sure you can name other people who are from humble beginnings, not particularly well-educated or someone important in the church, yet they have made their mark in society and history as a beacon of light proclaiming Christianity to a world that needs it.

I reckon your Blog is, or could be, such an inspiration to others. Each one of you is special. You all have the power to be that one lit candle that brightens up a dark room. If you want to.

29 comments:

  1. Victor! Who are you calling ordinary..! :).
    HeHe! Bless! :0).

    I'm taking a pause now..something l've never
    done on this Blog..so well written, l'm usually
    in it, like a shot..! :)

    Oh! And..it's Texas..'Paul was a tent maker from
    Texas'..not Tarsus..?
    And..just before Christmas l bought a Moses basket
    from a Charity shop..just to remind me of my baby
    days..the material lining it is white, should be
    pink!
    Mia Mama used to lay me in it, after a feed, and
    our pussy~cat used to lay next to me, and keep me
    warm..I was a bit concerned in growing up, as we lived
    100yds from a river..Thinking of Moses and ALL that..! :).
    In fact mia Mama wanted me to be a priest...Goodness! :)
    On reflection..and now at my age..l could have been
    pope by now..Pope! Pope! A Pink Pope! :).

    My Blog dates back to 2008..it's a one off, and l'm
    not the original author of it..though since learning
    to copy/paste, l've changed a few things myself,
    photos etc..
    I've been nagged and nagged about posting, or starting
    a Blog of my own..But! No! I decided against it, just
    enjoy the Blogs l follow and that's it..after all, l'm
    the one who runs my life..! :O).

    And! Yes! I class myself a lit candle..a 'PINK' lit
    candle..as l'm the Best there is..The Best there was,
    and the Best there ever will be..! So help me God...!
    🌸 πŸ’™ 🌸 πŸ’™ 🌸 πŸ’™ 🌸 πŸ’™ 🌸 πŸ’™ 🌸 πŸ’™ 🌸 πŸ’™ 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...that is a good thought. πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I'm not certain that the secular world is always a dark place. Some conservative churches in the US can be mighty dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darkness , or light, are in the soul.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much. Your blog makes me happy.
    You are serving other christian bloggers with this post. That's so nice.

    https://kostbaar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Aritha. Good to see you visiting again.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. This is a people friendly blog with lots of humour and some very insightful thoughts about how we can live in sync with God's message as its base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind to me, Bill. Many thanx always.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  6. Gosh, I'd hate for anyone to define my blog! In the beginning I had little-to-no idea what I was doing ... then nearly quit when, at a local bloggers' luncheon someone asked me my theme.
    I love your mixture of humor and easy-to-understand, thought-provoking Christianity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that your Blog, whatever you write, is Christian based. You often mention your Pastor and your beliefs. That's the underlying theme, Mevely.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  7. Victor: Your Blog posts always get me to thinking, where were we before the times of being able to share our thought and ideas in the form of Blogging.
    Your Blog is a Blessing, you give thoughtful ideas to many of us, you give me ideas to look up many things you mention.
    Thank-you for your beautiful and insightful writings.

    God Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine for your kind words. It is nice to see you here once more. I am so pleased you enjoy my writings. Blogging and the Internet have helped communications in this respect.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  8. I appreciate your words, and the thinking with it. By their deeds will you know them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Victor,
    As long as people remain sincere and true and don't attempt to fake anything. Some people are way too selfish in their blogs, it is ALL about them and mainly a litany of illnesses and sufferings... Attention seekers.
    IF they would really belief, then there is absolutely no need for doing that. God knows every thought in your heart and you will be fine in the end.
    But like you say, just a few well meant words can mean a lit candle; showing them Home...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mariette. We can all do something to help our fellow beings.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  10. Indeed. All of us have a part to play in spreading the Word, and it doesn't have to be preachy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we can try as best we can and say it from the heart.

      God bless you, Mimi.

      Delete
  11. I think I'll keep my blog just as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. God can certainly use any of us to spread the Good News, Victor, if we are willing to surrender our gifts to Him.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Martha. You said it well.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  13. It's a shame that the commenter couldn't see that blogs could be both Christian and funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I get a lot of new readers who come here because of the humourous posts.

      God bless, Liz.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.