Wednesday 24 August 2022

The One-Liner Cruise

 


My poor knowledge of Greek mythology has always been my Achilles elbow.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating.

Singing in the shower is fun until you get soap in your mouth. Then it’s a soap opera.

The inventor of the throat lozenge died last month. There was no coffin at his funeral.

My friend worships exhaust pipes, he’s a catholic converter.

Yesterday I went to the corner shop – bought 4 corners.

I told my wife that what she is wearing is inappropriate for gardening. But she’s digging in her heels.

My boss calls me "the computer". Nothing to do with intelligence, I go to sleep if left unattended for 15 minutes

What is the most important thing to learn in chemistry? Never lick the spoon.

Why is "abbreviation" such a long word?

When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Light travels faster than sound, which is the reason that some people appear bright before you hear them speak.

Maybe if we start telling people their brain is an app, they’ll want to use it.

It was an emotional wedding. Even the cake was in tiers.

My boss told me to have a good day, so I went home.

My first job was working in an orange juice factory, but I got fired. I just couldn’t concentrate.

The first time I see a jogger smiling, I’ll consider it.

I decided to sell my vacuum cleaner. It was gathering dust.

24 comments:

  1. Six Minutes Forty~Five Seconds of sheer brilliance...! :)

    Who can forget this......

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7LKJXvf_do

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh, how I love one liners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, those are much better than the Edinburgh Fringe Winners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good ones! My new doctor recently confided (that) in his youth he ran half marathons. I countered with your line (above) to which he chuckled and said, "You're so right!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many injuries are due to sport, Mevely. Best to sit in front of the TV with a pizza. God bless you.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the smiles but I had to laugh at this:
    The first time I see a jogger smiling, I’ll consider it.....
    I was once working for another contractor when a jogger went by, he said the same thing, I'll never forget it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find running so tiring, Jack. Glad you enjoyed today's post. God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the giggles this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the giggles this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all too funny, Victor!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you enjoyed them Martha. God bless you.

      Delete
  9. Some great one liners. Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Victor,
    WOW, those are excellent and well received on another rainy day; a productive one in other ways!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be cheerful in the rain, Mariette. Started raining here this morning.

      God bless.

      Delete
  11. Be very careful about singing in the shower. Singing can lead to dancing, dancing can lead to slipping and falling, and falling can lead to the medics seeing you "in the altogether" in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep ... one never knows when one would show one's backside to complete strangers.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete
  12. Some good ones, thank you Victor.
    ... and yes, Why is "abbreviation" such a long word? LOL

    Enjoy these last few days of August.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.