Thursday 25 July 2024

A (fun?) day out

 

So ... we went on the beach. I hate the beach. There is sand there; and it gets everywhere. Why do they have sand on the beach? Why can't they sweep it away and keep the beach tidy for visitors?

They decided to go in the water. I hate the water on the beach. It is salty and can affect your skin; so I am told. I decided to take my shoes and socks off and go in the water dressed just as I am. They told me I would stand out in the crowd and draw attention to myself. Something which I hate to do, being of the shy variety! Everyone would look at me and I would not blend with the rest of the people there sunning themselves in their various swimming costumes.

They suggested I wear swimming shorts. No one would notice me and I would be one of the crowd. I did not have any swimming type clothing with me. A friend let me borrow hers.

At least I kept my hat on!

Is it OK to keep your hat on when on the beach?

12 comments:

  1. ...find a rocky beach, they can be found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all beaches should be swept clean and paved with slabs or tarmacked like streets. No sand, rocks or pebbles or whatever. It's more natural to have paved beaches matching the nearby streets.

      Sand gets everywhere when you lie on the beach. Even in one's sandwiches! It's cleaner with no sand and people can build castles using Lego bricks.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my Victor: You are a hoot, thank-you for another cute post, yes, I have seen people with full clothing on at the beach in Mexico, not here in Minnesota just yet.
    You always make my heart smile.
    God's Blessing today and always to you.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I made you laugh, Catherine. The world needs some laughter every now and then.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  3. What a sight for sore eyes you make! (*giggle*)
    The only way I'd enjoy beach-going would be to view it from a balcony with a pretty beverage ... and perhaps binoculars. Strictly for shark sightings, that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a dilemma it was, Mevely. The young lady offered me her bikini and she'd forgo going on the beach. I felt guilty about it. But I could hardly just share the bikini with her by borrowing just one part of it could I ? And which bit of the two would I borrow and leave her to wear the other? What a dilemma for both of us.

      You're right; best place is to be on a balcony watching the people through binoculars.

      Did you know binoculars is always in the plural? The single for binoculars is telescope!

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. I have this feeling that you're able to stand out in a crowd no matter how you're dressed, Victor. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I have one ear much larger than the other. One is normal sized and the other as big as a ship's sail. At the slightest breeze I pirouette like a revolving hotel door. Thanx for pointing it out, Martha.

      Keep smiling and God bless.

      Delete
  5. The people will do a double take to make sure what they see is really real. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean I look good in a bikini?

      God bless you, Bill.

      Delete
  6. 😊❤️
    Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.