Wednesday 10 July 2024

Unhappy Feet

 

The most frightening thing happened to me the other day. I was lying on my bed when suddenly one of my feet started to talk.

At first, I was afraid ... I was petrified ... Then they both started singing "I will survive."

Then my left foot said, "It is all right you lying there doing nothing and we do all the work for you. 

"From the moment you get up in the morning we have to carry your heavy weight. Going up and down the stairs, walking down the street, or running for the bus. Even when you are driving the car, it is us who have to push on all the pedals whilst you sit there doing nothing."

I could not believe my ears. 

Then the right foot continued, "We spend all day in the dark not knowing what is happening out there. Held captive in your tight shoes until it hurts, and having to smell your smelly socks."

I didn't know what to say. I'd never thought that my feet felt so neglected and taken for granted. I wonder what other parts of my body I have been ignoring in a life time and not caring for them as much as I should.

Have you ever wondered about your body parts? Are you taking care of each one of them so they work in harmony with one another?

Which body parts do you think should talk to you, and what would they say?

THANK YOU FOR RECOMMENDING THIS BLOG


 

23 comments:

  1. Here in Hawaii I never can find my feet to shoes or socks! True story. And just one more aspect of living in Paradise. Good practice for heaven. Aloha friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it must be wonderful not needing shoes in such pleasant weather. It's great to see you visiting here again, Cloudia.

      Thank you and God bless.

      Delete
  2. ...my feet don't talk to me, they bark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried taking them for a walk?

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  3. I have to walk my feet or they complain, to who I don't know. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feet complain to nerve endings which make you feel the pain. They really have a nerve!

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  4. Oh my Victor, it would be my hands, taking care of my ill husband, cleaning sewing and doing needlework along with walking the dog, cooking reading blogs and so many more things, my hands want a rest, idle hands make for no work.
    have an amazing day
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know what you mean, Catherine; there are so many things we do in life and we take for granted. I am praying for you and your husband.

      God bless you both and your family.

      Delete
  5. I don't think I've ever heard a body part "talk," Victor, except when joints creak like the hinges on a door in a haunted house. A few more aches and pains as we age? I think so!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely my thoughts, Martha. Our body has a way of telling us to slow down.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  6. I'm with Martha! Sad, isn't it, that we don't appreciate what we have until it's too late. Forget saying it with flowers, maybe my feet deserve a pedicure for all their hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Mevely; we take our bodies for granted and suddenly wake up to the fact that they need help. Enjoy the pedicure.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  7. My feet are free when I'm in the house - first thing I take off my shoes and in summer the socks come off too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking off the shoes is OK as long as there are no Lego bricks lying about.

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  8. I honestly never thought about that but I do remember after having rotator cuff surgery the pain would bark at me. Then it was time for the ice machine. So it must have been my shoulder talking to me!
    Other than that, I think all my body parts are as happy as they can be - no talking and no barking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes our body parts talk to us to warn us to take it easy and to take care. They even warn us if someone is about to annoy us. I know when I meet a certain man around here it starts with a pain in the neck working its way South!

      God bless you, Debby.

      Delete
  9. I'm getting to the age where all the parts start talking back, and it's not pleasant. Enjoy your early years and take care of yourself, because once you turn 50, the check engine light is going to come on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is true, after a certain age all the body parts seem to join together against you.

      God bless always, Mimi.

      Delete
  10. My feet hurt sometimes, but they're stoic and don't complain.
    ---Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky, Cheerful Monk. Mine started singing "I will survive!"

      God bless.

      Delete
  11. As we age it's important to listen to our body, and do what we can to help it along ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.