Thursday 11 July 2024

It's hot in this heat

 

It has been very hot in the UK lately as I am sure it is elsewhere. Some days it was over 40 Degrees C in the shade. I was clever though and did not stay in the shade.

The weather forecast woman on TV said it's been the hottest day "since records began".

This set me thinking ... when did records begin?

Apparently a long long time ago a man wrote down on a piece of paper, "Phew ... it's hot today. Records have begun."

The next day, he wrote on another piece of paper "Wowie and double phew ... it's been even hotter today. It's been the hottest day since records began yesterday."

This went on for some time with the man writing every day how hot, cool or cold it was.

Then, years later, another man called Thermo, invented the thermometer and proper records really began. 

Anyway, as I was saying, it was so hot today that the birds were using a jackhammer to dig worms from the ground. 

The chickens in our back yard were laying fried eggs this morning.

I decided to go to the beach to cool off. The fish in the sea were already parboiled. 

On the way there I noticed a couple of parched trees fighting over a dog.

Have you noticed that when wearing a bikini, women reveal 94% of their body? I was too polite and only looked at the covered parts.

Which raises another point: Is it OK for Christian women to wear bikinis? Or any swimsuits? How about men in tiny shorts and swimming trunks? What is the acceptable attire on the beach for a Christian? (I wear a three-piece pin-striped suit and a bowler hat).

How about nudist beaches? Can a Christian be a naturist? (I shower at home fully clothed).

How are you coping in the hot weather where you are?

18 comments:

  1. ...Victor, you have three attractive girl friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's been hot here in Georgia this summer, but today is a balmy one with low humidity. Those kind of days are few and far between this time of the year, so I'm enjoying every moment.
    Blessings, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today has got a bit grey, but we had a sunny week so far. Enjoy the weather whatever it is, Martha.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Well what does God say? 1 Timothy 2:9-10
    9 I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

    That says it all for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's cool here today and we haven't experienced the heat. You must stand out at the beach when you go there dressed up. It's 2024 not 1824. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Bill; it is 2024; that is why I now take my tie off when on the beach. It shows the world I am modern, despite my attire in the heat.

      God bless, my friend.

      Delete
  5. How am I coping with the heat where I am? I've had to resort to prayer that I not express how I really feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope it cools off a little where you are, Barbara. Over here it is a bit chilly in the evenings.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  6. 😊❤️
    ---Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coping? Not so well; after all, Winter is my favorite season. Prayer helps for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I guess where you live would be rather hot at this time of year.

      God bless, Mevely.

      Delete
  8. Not that hot here. High today was 64.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hot weather is hard on all of us.

    When dressing, think modest. Leave something to the imagination, for heaven's sake!

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.