Tuesday 16 July 2024

Dietician Ahoy!

 

I went to see my dietician today. The poor woman was starving. I took her a hamburger bun, some French fries and a chocolate milkshake which she devoured in an instant. She was still hungry so I found an old KFC leg in my trouser pocket which I gave her also.

She was half-way through a wrestling match with her husband which she partakes as exercise to lose weight. She sat on his submission and then brought out my file to read.

She said I could lose a little weight; so I took my coat off and she weighed me again. She was satisfied with my quick progress.

She then asked me what I eat. I said I have at least 5 fruits and vegetables a day. She warmed me about fruit because it contains sugar. "All fruit contains sugar!" she said. What a discovery. I went through life not knowing that. She advised me not to eat too much fruit.

Or potatoes, or pasta, or rice. "Carbohydrates!" she said. I nodded knowingly.

"Beware of too much protein!" she warned. So most meats are also to be avoided if possible.

"Do you take exercise?" she asked, "like wrestling?" I looked at her poor husband and said, "No!"

"You need to do something everyday that will keep you slightly out of breath!" she advised. I thought at what that could be and asked her, "Can I take up smoking?" She banned that also.

She also told me to stop drinking alcohol; it 's bad for us and it turns to sugar apparently.

And also chocolates, sweets, cakes, cookies, biscuits and candy. All contain sugar it seems.

I was running out of options as to what to eat and drink. 

"Do you eat enough fibre?" she asked. "Yes," I replied, "I eat bits of worn out carpets and old knitted garments!" She wrote that down.

"How about something more solid?" she asked. "Sometimes, I chew on a table leg," I said. She wrote that down also.

Then she asked me a very personal question, "Do you have trouble passing water?" 

"Yes, sometimes I get dizzy walking on a bridge across a river!" I explained. 

She followed with a more personal question, "How's your libido?"

"I sold that Italian car, I now have a Toyota!" I replied. 

When I got home, I thought about it and asked my wife what libido means. She would not tell me.


17 comments:

  1. ...when I need to be weighed, I only put one foot on the scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try that trick next time I visit her.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. I don't like your therapist already. The only things she got right (IMHO) is "no fruit."
    I love the part about smoking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wanted me to join her in the ring for some wrestling exercise. I declined of course.

      Did you know fruit contains sugar?

      God bless, Mevely.

      Delete
  3. What an interesting fruit fact, contains sugar. Who knew. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep ... she's a good dietician. She knew all that!

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness Victor: You are a hoot.
    Thank-you for brightening my day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I made you smile, Catherine. God bless always my friend.

      Delete
  5. So, what am I supposed to eat??? The air? This was a truly entertaining post today, Victor. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure dieticians are realistic, Martha. If we were not meant to have all these things then why did God let us invent chocolate? And cake. And doughnuts. And ...

      God bless you always.

      Delete
  6. I’m not about to give up watermelon! 😊
    ——Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried it with Feta cheese - delicious.

      God bless, Cheerful Monk.

      Delete
  7. ... well I had a few blueberries today.
    They do have slightly les sugar than some fruits!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dietician said I should have as much fruit as I can hold in the palm of my hand; no more. So I held a watermelon.

      God bless, Jan.

      Delete
  8. Oops that should be 'less' !

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your answers would make my dietician dizzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was being honest, Mimi. My drive is now much better in a Toyota.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.